DRIVERS LICENSE TEST FOR CALIFORNIA
The final step to becoming a licensed driver in the state of California is to appear for the driving test or the road test.
In order to be eligible for the Driver’s License test in California, an applicant will have to fulfill certain conditions. See “What to Know“ on the right side of this page of important criteria that must be met before the test can be taken.
The Driver’s test in California is a relatively simple process. An examiner will test your driving skills paying attention to how safely and carefully the candidate drives. Lasting an average of 20 minutes, the applicant cannot miss more than 15 points to pass.
Upon passing the Driver’s test in California, an interim license which is valid for 60 days is given. The original photo license will arrive by mail.
What to Know:
- The applicant must be at least 16 years old.
- The applicant must show proof they have held their driving permit for at least six months.
- The applicant must have completed 6 hours of professional driver training.
- The applicant must have completed 6 hours of training with a licensed driving instructor* and at least 50 hours of practice(10 of those at night) with an adult who is 25 years or older and is in possession of a valid California driver’s license. The adult must also certify of the same.
* bring your completion certificates, vehicle registration, and insurance information.